I can dowload make but not draw or tune. I should be able to download all of them if i purchased the pv8 game creator bundle shouldnt i. Whats the go?
Pixel Vision 8: Draw
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Pixel Vision 8: Draw leverages Pixel Vision OS's sprite tools to offer artists a self-contained pixel art creation studio. Draw works around the limitations you define. Create pixel art specifically for past 8-bit systems or design your custom limitations. Draw exports PNG files you can then use in any 8-bit inspired game.
Design Your Colors
Use the Color Tool to create system colors and palettes. These are made available to Sprite Tool for creating 8-bit pixel art. The editor even supports previewing palette swapping on on sprites to emulate older 8-bit hardware color tricks.
Tools For Pixel Artists
Use the same sprite creation tools that power Pixel Vision 8 games! You can define how many pages of memory you'll need, the colors per sprite and size. From there, use a pencil, eraser, line and shape tools to create your pixel art. There is an eye dropper and fill-bucket as well.
Create Sprite Fonts
Design, preview, and export 8-bit sprite fonts. You'll have access to ASCII characters 32 - 126 to get you started. You can even test out the letter spacing if you are making font character smaller than 8 x 8 pixels.
A Retro Art Studio
Pixel Vision OS which turns Pixel Vision 8 into an 8-bit computer is built-in. You'll get a dedicated workspace folder on your computer where you can access anything you create. The best part is that your work is saved as PNG files and are ready to be imported into any game project you are designing.
Pixel Vision 8: Draw is a powerful pixel art creation studio with the following features:
- Support for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Full keyboard and mouse support.
- Run in scalable window mode or fullscreen.
- Use as a stand-alone art package for creating authentic 8-bit art.
- Customize the hardware limitations for each project.
- Automatically export your work as PNG files.
- Support for mounting a Workspace folder from your computer to make sharing files between the two easier.
- Includes Pixel Vision OS's color, sprite, and font editors.
- Easily share your creations with others.
- Dedicated Discord Server for community, help and sharing work.
Pixel Vision 8: Draw is still in development. Currently, it is offered as "early access" and may contain bugs, unexpectedly crash, or have missing/incomplete features. You'll receive free updates for the life of the project.
This marks the alpha release of Pixel Vision 8. You can now log bugs specific to Pixel Vision OS here or to the core MonoGame Runner here. There is also a dedicated Discord Server for community, help and sharing work. Below are the issues that have been addressed in this release:
Pixel Vision OS (v2.3.0)
- BG color shouldn't be set to mask color
- Update new radio button design
- Need to configure new chip template values
- Add warning to color editor when same color exists
- Need to add RGB color space picker to the color editor modal
- Need to display system paths correctly in workspace explorer tool
- Need to limit disks when workspace exists
- Create menu option to lock specs
- Chip editor doesn't update menu items based on state
- Need to enable chip picker
- Create chip editors for Tune/Draw
- Need to expose total colors in Chip Editor
- Disable input field when losing focus
- Chip tool is not saving the custom graphics
- Fix image preview sprites
- Palette mode dictates the transparent color in Sprite Tool
- Add flip to sprite tool
- Color Tool's eye dropper should ignore transparent colors
- Reindexing colors is not mapping transparent correctly
- Need to remove eraser in palette mode
- Sprites are not saved correct when switching to palette Mode
- Colors per sprite is not saved when adding colors to palette
- 128 color limitation in Sprite Tool
- Need to fix Sprite Tool button tool tips
- Copy, paste and delete palette colors not working
- Color Tool isn't limiting pages based on specs
- Fix color picker when total colors is less than 64
- Delete color in direct color mode removes non-unique colors
- Need to add BG marker to system color picker
- Need to add color map mode to Color Tool
- Set BG color from color tool
- Color picker needs to display the color offset value
- Need to add color offset to sprite preview
- See palette color ID
- Switching to palette mode should remove all duplicate colors
- Malformed JSON in template
- Need to save palette mode
- UI breaks switching between color modes
- Issues selecting when in color picker mode
- Color picker issue in palette mode
- Canvas not using correct color
- Sprite Editor needs to support palette mode
- Dragging colors to palette doesn't work
- Can't reorder palette colors
- Palette pages are off
- Palette's first page is not selected
- Add support for palettes
- Can't run disks from disks
- Need to show .pv8 files as disks
- Disks are not saving to the bios
MonoGame Runner (v0.9.3)
- Make Pixel Vision 8's 16 color palette the default colors in the Color Chip
- Remove pages from ColorChip
Join The Club
The Fantasy Console Club focuses on making retro 8-bit games with Pixel Vision 8. The club offers access to exclusive tutorials, demos, and tools as well as a free copy of Pixel Vision 8.
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: